Factors to consider before choosing an MBA/PGDM program
Are you seeking the welcome sign to the corporate world, MBA/PGDM program is your passport to get there. An MBA/PGDM degree put you on the fast track to kick-start your career with top-notch multinational companies. Diligently chosen college & curriculum catalyzes the entire process & contribute in achieving early success.
Attributes of a Great MBA/PGDM Program
- Affiliation: First things first, check the affiliation of the college you are applying to. With management colleges mushrooming at every nook & corner, it becomes even more crucial to check the authenticity & necessary affiliation of the institute, failing which can cause a huge financial & emotional loss to you.
- Alumni Network: A robust network of alumni serves as a mentor, a point of contact who gets you the industry insights. You will, for sure, be benefitted from the experience & expertise of the former graduates.
- Internship: Internships are one of the most important aspects of the management studies. It is a platform to gain the practical exposure thus delivers you a competitive edge. Dig dip as to what internship opportunities are available, are prominent corporates hiring interns from the college or not.
- Curriculum: What better an education would do if it can’t get you employed. Some of the top management colleges design their curriculum in collaboration with industry experts. An industry-oriented curriculum multiplies the chances of getting job offers by leading companies.
- Class Diversity: Best MBA/PGDM institutes in India have a pool of culturally-diverse students, here is the reason why; students learn a great deal from classroom interaction & extracurricular activities like role play & management games. This involves interaction with fellow batch mates. Interacting with people from different cultures & educational background lets you understand different perspectives on the same aspect thus makes you more open-minded & creative.
- Additional Training & Certifications: Mere classroom training is not enough, you need to acquire additional skills & certificates to stand out in this cut-throat-competition. The MBA/PGDM courses taught at renowned management institutes offer professional certifications like ERP, six sigma along with rigorous soft skills training.